Thursday 30 August 2012

TGIPD (Thank God it's Pay Day)

A combination of dreary weather (shopping instead of chilling in the park and long working hours (cue buying treats at 8pm from the office) seems to have decimated my bank account this month, and sadly I'm currently running on empty! Thankfully, pay day is nigh and that means it's time to scour the shops for a few new pieces.

Last week at Westfield, I went into Cos for the first time in ages. It always seems to be featured in magazines and touted as the "smart choice" for fashion, but something about the way the shop is laid out, all grey and boxy, leaves me cold. Last time, however, I made the effort to actually look through the rails and came across a few pieces that will hopefully be sitting in my wardrobe in the next week or so.

Contrast back dress, c. £55



I don't know the exact price of this dress as for some reason, all the prices are coming up in euros on my computer, and the internet here (on a train between Leeds and London) is so painfully slow I'm not sure I care enough to change it. I love the colour, yes it's plain but that means it will go with everything! I'd quite like to wear this tomorrow evening with my denim biker jacket (from Gap, c. 2009) and my studded ankle boots from Zara.

I also really like the plain T-shirts in Cos, they are nice and drapey without being baggy, and have a good neckline - all too often I find T-shirts are v-necked, which really doesn't suit me. I'm not sure what they wash like, but for about £20, I'd expect them to last a little longer than my current basic t-shirt wardrobe incumbents, from New Look. These are also much more colourful than my existing t shirts (grey, white, black). Look at that pale pink! at the pear green!!

Speckled T-shirt, c. £20

Pocket t shirt, c. £20

And last but not least in my virtual shopping basket, is this pretty grey lace bra. It's completely impractical, coming in S / M / L sizes (which surely can only mean it's a bad fit for everyone?) but it is very elegant, dainty, and most importantly, non-padded, which I like in a bra.
Contrast lace bra, c. £20
Matching knickers are also available for £15.

Happy pay day!

No comments:

Post a Comment