Saturday 25 August 2012

Work wardrobe updates

A few key pieces I've bought to update my work wardrobe:


H&M, £24.99
Gorgeous plum coloured dress from H&M, for the bargainous price of £24.99! Plus, if you buy online and sign up to their newsletter, you get 25% off one item.
I used to buy a lot of work clothes from Reiss, Whistles and LK Bennett, all shops that I still love, but is it just me or are their prices becoming increasingly high? Paying £200 for a dress which then costs £15 a time to dry clean seems less than value for money. This dress will look great now with bare legs, but the autumnal colour means it will see you right through winter, with opaques and court shoes.

Mango, £34.99
I wore this blouse to dinner last night with black jeans, and it will look equally good paired with a pencil skirt or smart trousers for work. The olive colour is very flattering on my skin, and despite being polyester, the blouse feels like silk and drapes beautifully.

Zara, £35.99
Yes.. another item from Zara! But these trousers are a great fit and the jacquard texture on them makes them a little more interesting than plain trousers. I'll be wearing these with my blouse for work on Tuesday! I'd like to be wearing them with black suede court shoes, but due to an injured toe, it's more likely to be flat pumps.

And the one that got away...

Oasis, £35
I was in two minds about this top, I loved the colour and the peplum but then it put me off a little being sleeveless, and winter approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment