Monday 19 November 2012

It's a (navy) blue Christmas

Every year I get something new to wear for Christmas. It's become something of a tradition. Either I ask Santa kindly for a new dress (something I have tried on and approved of course!), or I frantically scour the shops the week before, hoping to get a bargain in the sale. Inevitably, the latter tactic is usually less than successful and results in me wearing something I've already bought.

This year, I am seemingly super prepared, having bought all my Christmas presents bar one, and so that leaves more time to ensure I look my best on Christmas day. It's not like my family are competitive about who looks best on the day or anything. Not at all.



For Christmas day, I'm thinking the navy blue silk blouse (£42.99, Mango), with some very pale yellow waist pleat trousers (£79, Cos). I'll probably wear it with my nude pink pointy toed shoes from French Connection from the SS12 collection.

For Boxing day, I'd like a dress, but nothing too clingy. There needs to be room for all that Christmas buffet after all. This tunic style dress (£135, Whistles), fits the bill perfectly. Worn with slightly sheer black tights and my beige studded ankle boots, it will look casual, but with a dressier edge.

I've ordered the blouse but yet to take the plunge on the Whistles dress. £135 seems quite a lot of money for what is essentially a simple dress. I know I'll wear it lots, but just need to get over that mental barrier.

I've also realised that my outfit choices have some kind of sub-conscious nautical theme. In fact my other option for Boxing day, at a more palatable £34.99, is also navy and white!

No comments:

Post a Comment