Sunday 12 January 2014

Progress so far, what I've been eating

My healthy eating and dieting regime is going quite well, but it's been difficult, and there's still a way to go! Quick check in though: I've lost 2.3kg!

I'm doing the 5:2, as I previously said, but trying to generally eat low calorie foods. Some examples:

Breakfast
0% fat greek yoghurt*
Scrambled eggs
Rye bread with almond butter

Lunch
Miso soup (lots of this, as so low calorie)
Salad - typically tomatoes, cucumber, mini peppers, sometimes with tuna or salmon

Dinner
Fish (cod, salmon, haddock...)
Green vegetables (broccoli, mange tout, asparagus, courgette...)

*there's been a lot of hype about sugar replacing fat in low fat versions of some products. I checked, and the 0% fat version of the yoghurt I buy has less sugar than both the full fat and low fat versions 

I've also been trying to cook without fat, using spices, seasoning and things like chilli, garlic and ginger to add flavour. 

I think I might need to start thinking up  alternatives though as getting a little fed up of fish and vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment